Wednesday 3 July 2013

Radiotherapy in Florida

I have been in touch with two (2) doctors in the Florida area who administer radiotherapy treatment for plantar fibromatosis. They both use the same protocol as the European doctors.

Dr. Lawrence Hochman DO FACRO with Florida Cancer Affiliates, 550 Little Road New Port Richey, FL 34655 (near Tampa) does this treatment. I was in contact with his office a few times this week.
I understand Dr. Hochman has administered this treatment to five (5) Plantar fibroma patients. I asked if any had  an adverse reaction to the radiation and the answer was ‘NO’
I understood that the consultation fee is $510.00 which is pretty much the standard Fee. I learn that my insurance carrier will pay the majority of the consultation fee. My out of pocket expense is $50.00
I have made an appointment to determine if this is the treatment in which I plan to go.

One of the doctors informed me that not everyone was a candidate for this treatment. He stated if the fibroma was deep within the fibers of the fascia the possibility of radiation working was slim. I suppose this is why I have read that its best to have this treatment at the early onset of this disease. If in the 2nd stage you are considered a good candidate.

Clinical and pathologic studies have classified plantar fibromatosis into three stages:

·         proliferative, = The first stage is described by cellular proliferation
·         involutional = the second stage by nodule formation
·         residual. = the third stage by tissue contraction

My podiatrist told me I was in stage two (2)

1 comment:

  1. I've been barren for so many years living without a child of mine. When I came in contact with Doctor Aluda and reach out to him, I actually make use of his herbal medicine. and it's indeed effective and powerful... I conceived few weeks after taking his natural herbs for 17 days as prescribed by him... And now I'm 3 weeks pregnant....so happy, reach him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or Email him on draludaharbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete