Monday 1 July 2013

Radiotherapy for PF: Trying to find a doctor in the USA

My search continues:
It has been a roller coaster ride to say the least. I have a lead on a Dr. at the University of Miami Miller school of Science. He does the radiotherapy for plantar fibromatosis. I called his office last week for information. Spoke with his assistant. I was given her email address to send questions along with any medical records I have. I am currently waiting on my medical records.

Meanwhile I have at least 20 questions. One very important question: What is the cost for this treatment? This by far needs to be answered just to determine if I am able to pursue this avenue. After I sent the email I called the office to confirm receipt. The assistant forward the email to the doctor. She explained the doctor was at his other location and it would probably be tomorrow before he saw the email. I proceeded to ask her What the cost of the treatment was. She explained there is not a set fee. First one must have a consultation with the doctor. His consultation fee is $560.00, followed with a facility fee of $140.00. A total of $700.00 just to speak with the doctor to find out the cost of the treatment.  Needless to say I was speechless. I'm thinking I have to fly from Atlanta to Miami for $400.00 spend $700.00 for consultation. A total of $1100.00. Just to be able to find out the cost of the actual radiotherapy treatment. What if the cost is in the high thousands? With my being a Georgia resident. Medical insurance will not pay for out of network procedure. Therefore this treatment will be strictly out of pocket. Being low on cash this will not work. I at least need to know some type of price range before I drop $1100.00

My next plan of action:
Perhaps find a radiologist in the Atlanta area that would be willing to contact the doctor in Miami in hopes to get the protocol and administer the radiotherapy treatment to me here. This way there is no travel involved. Okay so that might be a long shot. But, remember we are desperate here. Walking on two (2) marbles on the bottom foot, & having limited funds causes me to think of every avenue I can.
Any suggestions out there???

Has anyone noticed how difficult it can be to get a person in the doctor’s office on the phone to have a real conversation?
Tomorrow I will get up and attempt this again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Jay. I had a small PF . I used the PD Labs Verapamil 15% gel and it went away after 4 months.

    ReplyDelete

  2. But Dr. Itua, Traditional Herbal Practitioner in Africa, Have cured for HIV which is extracted from some rare herbals. It is highly potential to cure AIDS 100% without any residue. Dr Itua herbal medicine has already passed various blogs on how he use his powerful herbals to heal all kind of diseases such as. Herpes, HIV,,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer, Diabetes, Hepatitis,Hpv,Weak ErectionLyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,

    Dementia.,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Epilepsy, also his herbal boost immune system as well. I'm telling this because he uses his herbal medicine to cure me from hepatitis B and HIV, which i have being living for 9 months now with no side effect. The Herbal Medicine is just as good when drinking it although i have to use rest room after drinking it which I do not really care about because i just want to get the virus out of my body, I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone sick out here to contact Dr Itua with this following information.

    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com
    Whatsapp Or Call...+2348149277967.
    He might be late to respond because he always busy with patent, but he will surely get back to you with positive response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been barren for so many years living without a child of mine. When I came in contact with Doctor Aluda and reach out to him, I actually make use of his herbal medicine. and it's indeed effective and powerful... I conceived few weeks after taking his natural herbs for 17 days as prescribed by him... And now I'm 3 weeks pregnant....so happy, reach him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or Email him on draludaharbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete